- negotiating and drafting residential and commercial real estate contracts and leases;
- title insurance and closing services for buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real property, REO properties, developers, buyers and sellers in short sales, and those refinancing;
- representation of lenders;
- preparation of deeds; preparation of powers of attorney; preparation of documents for condominiums and planned unit developments whether new construction or conversions;
- handling land use and zoning issues;
- representation of developers during all phases of development;
- representation before governmental agencies, commissions and boards;
- representation of real estate professionals.
Because the Earnest/Tighe Law Firm concentrates in other areas related to real estate matters, should a real estate client have a situation arise where they need representation in a related litigation matter, we can represent them in that litigation. Should the formation of business entities or the drafting of operating agreements be required, or if our real estate clients wish to do estate planning, we are able to handle that for our clients as we handle their real estate matters. As attorneys and not just title agents, we are able to advise on homestead issues and real estate taxation issues and to all legal documents needed for closings.
We are experienced at negotiating and closing SHORT SALES. Short sales are more complex than ordinary real estate transactions, making it important to retain a real estate attorney to guide you through the process. We are happy to coordinate short sale transactions from contract to closing for sellers or buyers. If you are a buyer of a short sale property and the bank is choosing the title company, you may wish to seek legal representation so that your rights are protected, not just the seller's. Banks approving a short sale may seek to obtain a deficiency judgement against the seller. We can assist a seller in negotiating with the bank with regard to any deficiency and can intervene in a pending foreclosure while a short sale is pending.
We frequently assist non-US citizens with the purchase or sale of property in Florida and are able to guide our clients through the FIRPTA (Foreign Investment Real Property Tax Act) regulations.
At the Earnest/Tighe Law Firm, we are about making the deal happen and going that extra mile to make sure it does.
Please click on the Title Insurance link to learn more about EastSide Title, Inc. the title company operated by the firm's principals.
Whether the contract is simple or a contract involving a multi-million dollar transaction, we negotiate, draft and interpret contracts for our clients on a daily basis.
- the negotiating and drafting of complex contracts, including purchase and sale agreements for real property;
- representation in the buying and selling of businesses;
- due diligence;
- creation of business entities (corporations, LLCs, etc.);
- operating agreements;
- corporate governance and compliance issues;
- representation of authors, artists and musicians;
- business litigation
The Earnest/Tighe Law Firm represents developers in the development of single family, new construction condominium/townhome projects, condominium conversions, mixed use, commercial, and retail projects. We assist developers every step of the way during the development process starting with the acquisition of land, financing issues, contract negotiations, establishment of any needed business entities, due diligence, preparation of condominium and homeowners documents, representation in order to obtain governmental and neighborhood approvals, drafting of contracts for sale of the units, and closing/title services.
Estate Planning / Probate
Drafting of wills, trusts, living wills, powers of attorney and the probate of estates. Many of our business and real estate clients ask us to assist them with their estate planning. In keeping with our full-service approach, we are happy to provide this service to our clients.
Some of Our Clients Include:
- Large National Corporations
- Local Businesses
- Buyers and Sellers of Residential and Commercial Property
- Real Estate Professionals
- Persons and Entities Starting a Business or Buying/Selling a Business or Hotel
- Persons needing assistance negotiating and drafting contracts
- Publishing companies, authors, artists and musicians
Persons needing estate planning or probate services
- Financial Institutions
- Governmental Agencies, including the City of Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, FDIC & the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission