Paula C. Tighe
Ms. Tighe, a South Florida native and resident of Fort Lauderdale, has over 24 years of legal experience in Florida. She concentrates her practice in the areas of corporate, contracts and business transactions including representation of artists, authors and musicians, real estate/development, commercial litigation, alternate dispute resolution, and governmental law, including representation before governmental agencies, commissions and boards.
As an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Fort Lauderdale for almost 8 years, Ms. Tighe worked with many departments including Purchasing, Utilities, Parks, Building Services, and Personnel, handled complex contract negotiation, litigated on the City's behalf, and was the attorney for the Building Department and Code Compliance Division. She is a Florida Supreme Court certified mediator and is currently a hearing officer for Broward County and a mediator for the Florida Department of Financial Services.
Ms. Tighe is outside counsel for Bold Strokes Books, Inc. and represents the Jack Stevens Band.
Ms. Tighe is licensed to practice in Florida and Georgia and before the US District Court, Southern District of Florida.
- Cardinal Newman High School, West Palm Beach, FL, 1982
- B.B.A., Marketing, With Honors, Southern Methodist University, 1986
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law, 1989
Admitted To Practice
- Florida, Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Section.
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator.
- Trained, Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediator.
- Mediator: Florida Department of Financial Services.
- Hearing Officer: Broward County, Florida.
- Hearing Officer, Broward County Office of Inspector General, 2012-2014.
- Trained, Florida Arbitrator.
- Approved Outside Counsel, FDIC
- Title Agent, Fidelity National TItle, Attorney's Title Fund.
- Outside Counsel, Bold Strokes Book, Inc.
- Member, NGLCC.
- Past Chair, City of Fort Lauderdale Affordable Housing Advisory Committee 2013-2014
- Mentor, Save our Children, 2014
- Past Member, City of Fort Lauderdale Community Appearance Board.
- Past National Board Member, GLAAD.
- Past Member, HRC Steering Committee, Broward County.