Mary M. ("Molly") Earnest
Mary M. "Molly" Earnest, a South Florida native and resident of Fort Lauderdale, has been practicing law in Florida for over 25 years. She concentrates her practice in the areas of real estate, development, title insurance, contracts, corporate, business transactions, business litigation, and estate planning and probate law. Molly serves as outside real estate counsel for the City of Fort Lauderdale, was appointed as a Receiver for the SEC, and is an Attorney Magistrate for the Broward County Value Adjustment Board. She is a licensed title agent for Attorney's Title Fund, Fidelity National Title and First American. The firm is also approved outside counsel for the FDIC.
Ms. Earnest earned her LLM in Taxation degree while working full-time, which she utilizes throughout her practice.
She is licensed to practice in Florida, Georgia and North Carolina and is Florida Bar Board Certified in Real Estate Law. Only 7% of all attorneys in Florida are Board Certified.
- Southwest High School, Miami, FL, 1980
- B.S., Finance, With Honors, University of Florida, 1985
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law, 1987
- LLM. Taxation, with High Honors, University of Miami School of Law, 1996
Admitted To Practice
- Florida, Georgia, North Carolina.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Title Agent: Old Republic National Title Insurance, Fidelity National, Attorneys' Title Fund, Westcor.
Attorney Magistrate, Broward County Value Adjustment Board, 2013-present.
- Attorney's Title Insurance Fund Advisory Council, 2009.
- Member, Broward Attorneys Real Estate Council.
- Member, Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate & Trust Section.
- Member, Florida Bar, Business Law Section.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, U.S. Women's Chamber of Commerce.
- Member, NGLCC
- Member, Town of Davie, CRA, 2002-2003.
- Vice-Chair, City of Fort Lauderdale, Nuisance Abatement Board, 1998-2000.
- Assistant State Attorney, State of Florida, 1988-1990.